Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 52 The Oratory of the Monastery
Mass: Is 49:8-15; Resp Ps 145; Jn 5:17-30


Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb?

Jesus says, 'I cannot do anything on my own; I judge as I hear and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me.' Each one of us can say, 'I cannot do anything on my own … by God's grace I am what I am … I do not seek to do my own will but the will of Our Father in heaven.' Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

God has the words of eternal life, and the hour is coming-if only it were here already!-when the dead shall hear His voice, and those who hear Him shall live, for life is His will. And if you want to know, His is will is our conversion.
(St Bernard of Clairvaux)

Through prayer we learn to renounce the idolatry and self-sufficiency of our ego, and admit we need the Lord and His mercy.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, April 3, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment