Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 56 The Abbot's Table
Mass: Nb 21:4-9; Resp Ps 102; Jn 8:21-30


When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM.

Speaking of His Father in today's Gospel, Jesus says, 'The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to Him.' May we too always do what is pleasing to Our Father in heaven.

O LORD, HEAR MY PRAYER, AND LET MY CRY COME TO YOU.

Let us pray for the gift of the freedom of the children of God:
DELIVER YOUR PEOPLE, LORD!

For those who are in bondage to habits of sin and death: free them for life lived to the full.
For those who are enslaved by ignorance, poverty, and fear: free them to know the truth of your love.
For those who are trapped in addiction of any kind: free them to dwell in the joy of your word.
(Magnificat, Intercessions, April 9, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment