Saturday, April 13, 2019

Saturday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Pope Saint Martin I (-655)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 59 Reception of Children
Mass: Ezk 37:21-28; Resp Ps (Jer 31); Jn 11:45-56


Christ was handed over, to gather into one the scattered children of God.

We are about to enter into the holiest week of the year. Division is evident: 'Many who had come to Mary and seen what Jesus had done began to believe in him. Others went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done.' Meanwhile, Jesus no longer walked about in public. He went to the desert where he remained with his disciples. A question: 'Where am I'? 

I WILL MAKE THEM ONE NATION UPON THE LAND, IN THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL, AND THERE SHALL BE ONE PRINCE FOR THEM ALL. NEVER AGAIN SHALL THEY BE TWO NATIONS, AND NEVER AGAIN SHALL THEY BE DIVIDED INTO TWO KINGDOMS.

Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am in distress. Deliver me from the hands of my enemies and those who pursue me. O Lord, let me never be put to shame, for I call on you.
(Entrance Antiphon, Mass)

POPE SAINT MARTIN I, PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment