Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday of Holy Week

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 61:6-14
Mass: Is 49:1-6; Resp Ps 71; Jn 13:21-33, 36-38


I am made glorious in the sight of the Lord, and my God is now my strength!

These days I am asking myself where I am on the journey to Jerusalem. On this Tuesday of Holy Week, the Gospel presents us with a variety of human emotions that all of us experience at one time or another: Jesus is deeply troubled; the disciples confused; the beloved disciple seeks comfort at the Master's side; Simon Peter questions. I see Jesus slowly dipping the morsel and looking deeply into the eyes of Judas. What was Judas's demeanor when Satan entered him? Some thought they knew what was going on. No one really understood. Judas takes the morsel and quickly departs. It was night. Simon Peter is self-assured: I will lay down my life for you. Jesus asks, 'Will you lay down your life for me?

AMEN, AMEN, I SAY TO YOU, THE COCK WILL NOT CROW BEFORE YOU DENY ME THREE TIMES.

For you are my hope, O Lord: my trust, O God, from my youth.
On you I depend from birth; from my mother's womb you are my strength.
(Resp Ps 71)

Today we unite in prayer with the people of France, as we wait for the sorrow inflicted by the serious damage to be transformed into hope with reconstruction. Holy Mary, Our Lady, pray for us.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, April 16, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment