Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent

Saint John Ogilvie (1579-1615)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 32 The Tools and Goods of the Monastery
Mass: Is 1:10, 16-20; Resp Ps 50; Mt 23:1-12


To the upright I will show the saving power of God.

REDEEM ME, O LORD, AND HAVE MERCY ON ME. MY FOOT STANDS ON LEVEL GROUND; I WILL BLESS THE LORD IN THE ASSEMBLY.
[Ps 26 (25):11-12]

The Word of the Lord is direct: "Wash yourselves clean! Put away your misdeeds from before my eyes; cease doing evil; learn to do good … come now let us set things right"! (Is 1:16, 18). It does no good to run and hide from Our merciful and loving Lord, who "alone probes the mind and tests the heart" (Jer 17:10). The Lenten season provides us the space, inspiration, and encouragement to go the depths of our hearts, to uncover, articulate, and place before the Lord our sins. We ask forgiveness for our trespasses. One way to continue our prayer is to pray as we did during Morning Prayer with Psalm 32: "Then I declared my sin to you; my guilt I did not hide. I said, 'I confess my faults to the Lord,' and you took away the guilt of my sin" (Ps 32:5). 

Whenever we take a step towards Jesus, we come to realize that He is already there, waiting for us with open arms.
(Pope Francis, Evangelii Gaudium The Joy of the Gospel, 3)

WHOEVER EXALTS HIMSELF WILL BE HUMBLED; BUT WHOEVER HUMBLES HIMSELF WILL BE EXALTED.
(Mt 23:12)

SAINT JOHN OGILVIE,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Beauty in Sausalito, CA.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment