Sunday, March 29, 2020

Fifth Sunday of Lent

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 48:22-25
Mass: Ezk 37:12-14; Resp Ps 130; Rm 8:8-11; Jn 11:1-45


With the Lord there is mercy and fullness of redemption.

HEART OF JESUS, SON OF THE ETERNAL FATHER,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

What sounded loud and clear from today's Gospel, proclaimed last night at First Vespers, were Jesus' words when He raised His eyes: Father, I thank you for hearing me. I know that you always hear me (Jn 11:41-42). We, like Jesus, become perturbed and deeply troubled (Jn 11:33); we weep (Jn 11:35). United with Jesus, we take our needs, cares, concerns, sorrow, distress, and our joys to Our Heavenly Father: Father, I thank you for hearing me. I know that you always hear me. And as reminded by a sister this morning, something to have in our hearts and on our lips throughout the day, during all encounters, whether interior or exterior: I believe, Lord, help my unbelief  (Mk 9:24).

MANY JEWS WHO HAD COME TO MARY AND SEEN WHAT JESUS HAD DONE BEGAN TO BELIEVE IN HIM.
(Jn 11:45)

We pray with the Holy Father:

I think of the many people who are weeping. People who are isolated, in quarantine, the elderly; people who are alone, in the hospital, parents who do not foresee receiving their salary and do not know how they will feed their children. Many people are weeping. We too, from our hearts, accompany them. It wouldn't do us any harm to weep a bit as Our Lord wept for all His people … We ask the Lord for the grace of weeping today before all the people who are suffering the consequences of this pandemic. May today be for everyone like a Sunday of tears.

MARY, COMFORTER OF THE AFFLICTED,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Fawn lilies, Mulkey Ridge Trail near Corvallis, OR. Thanks CO!

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment