Monday, March 30, 2020

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 48:22-25
Mass: Dn 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62; Resp Ps 23; Jn 8:1-11


Beside restful waters the Lord leads me; he refreshes my soul.

HEART OF JESUS, PATIENT AND MOST MERCIFUL,
PRAY FOR US.

Two responses arise in today's readings. First, from the young boy Daniel, both wise and courageous. He asks those condemning innocent Susanna: "Are you such fools, O children of Israel! To condemn a woman of Israel without examination and without clear evidence?" (Dn 13:48). In our Gospel text, Jesus says to those condemning the sinful woman: Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw the stone at her (Jn 8:7). Both take me to something that came to mind some time ago that I shared: When I point a finger at someone else, three fingers are pointing at me.

NEITHER DO I CONDEMN YOU. GO, AND FROM NOW ON DO NOT SIN ANYMORE.
(Jn 8:11)

We pray with the Holy Father:

For the many people who are not succeeding in coping and remain in fear because of the pandemic. May the Lord help them to have the strength to cope for the good of society and the entire community.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment