Thursday, October 10, 2019

Thursday of the Twenty-Seventh Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Paulinus (-644); Saint Daniel Comboni (1831-1881)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 7:62-70
Mass: Malachi 3:13-20b; Resp Ps 1; Lk 11:5-13


Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

At Mass this morning my ears perked up with these lines from the first reading: "Then those who fear the Lord spoke with one another, and the Lord listened attentively" (Malachi 3:16). In the Gospel Jesus says to the disciples: I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you (Lk 11:9). The living, true, and ever merciful God will listen. The Lord knows what is best for us. Trust.

AND A RECORD BOOK WAS WRITTEN BEFORE HIM OF THOSE WHO FEAR THE LORD AND TRUST IN HIS NAME. AND THEY SHALL BE MINE, SAYS THE LORD OF HOSTS, MY OWN SPECIAL POSSESSION, ON THE DAY I TAKE ACTION.
(Mal 3:16)

Every request I make of God is a messenger telling of my neediness, of my trust on God, on my willing dependence and openness to receive.
(Michael Casey, OCSO)

Open our hearts, O Lord, to listen to the words of your Son.
(Gospel Acclamation, Mass)

SAINT PAULINUS, SAINT DANIEL COMBONI,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment