Monday, October 28, 2019

Feast of Saints Simon and Jude

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 21 The Deans of the Monastery
Mass: Eph 2:19-22; Resp Ps 19; Lk 6:12-16


Their message goes out through all the earth.


MARY, QUEEN OF APOSTLES,
PRAY FOR US.

I put myself in the group of disciples Jesus gathered to himself in today's Gospel scene. He chose Twelve, each mentioned by name. I wonder how Jesus would have said my name, and what exact name would he have used? Remember something I've passed on before: A name is the song one sings when she sees you. Jesus has called each one of us by name. How will you spread His message through all the earth this week? Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name: you are mine (Is 43:1).

A true disciple is always awake, always watching to welcome the Beloved. Divine love offers itself in the 'sacrament of the present moment' … The accent is not on what I can give God, how can I serve God, but 'what do YOU want of me to do?', and the answer is in front of our noses, in the actual situation we are in.
(Ruth Burrows, Essence of Prayer)

SAINTS SIMON AND JUDE, 
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment