Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sixth Sunday of Easter

In other years: Saint Philip Neri (1515-1595)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 7:1-4 Humility
Mass: Acts 15:1-2; Resp Ps 67; Rev 21:10-14, 22-23; Jn 14:23-29


May God have pity on us and bless us; may he let his face shine upon us.


The hour is late and I have missed the deadline to submit today's offering. So I leave you with the thought of John Shea on Jesus' words: Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Here is what Shea has to say: "The peace that Jesus leaves is not a vague wish for inner calm or outer harmony. It comes from inhabiting with love the home of human fear."

May Mary, who with humble and courageous faith cooperated fully with the Holy Spirit in the incarnation of the Son of God, also help us to let ourselves be instructed and guided by the Paraclete, so that we can accept the Word of God and bear witness to it with our lives.
(Pope Francis, Regina Coeli Address, May 26, 2019)

SAINT PHILIP NERI, PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment