Saturday, May 18, 2019

Saturday of the Fourth Week of Easter

Pope Saint John I, martyr (-526)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 3:7-13
Mass: Acts 13:44-52; Resp Ps 98; Jn 14:7-14


All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.


In today's Gospel, Jesus says to his disciples and to us: "If you know me, then you will also know my Father." We might ask ourselves then a simple question posed by Cardinal Basil Hume in Searching for God: "What part does the person of Jesus Christ play in my spiritual life?" He goes on: "I am talking about a personal relationship with him." And the relationship is not superficial, "it has to be one of intimacy and depth. We need to discover that he is the way to our Father, that he is the Father's way to us. There has to be a growing conviction that salvation comes from him and through him: that he is the very life of our souls." This discovery takes time. Jesus wants to know us and he invites us into a personal relationship with him. Are you open to growing deeper in your relationship with Jesus Christ? Spend time today getting to know Jesus. Whatever you ask in my name, Jesus tells us, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

It is the Spirit who is the protagonist of Christian life, the Holy Spirit, who is with us, accompanies us, transforms us, is victorious with us.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, May 18, 2019)

POPE SAINT JOHN I, PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment