Friday, June 19, 2020

The Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 15 The Times for Saying Alleluia
Mass: Dt 7:6-11; Resp Ps 103; 1 Jn 4:7-16; Mt 11:25-30


The Lord crowns you with kindness and compassion.


HEART OF JESUS, KING AND CENTER OF ALL HEARTS,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Happy Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Something to do this month of June dedicated in a special way to the Heart of Jesus, and especially today, is take a look at the Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus as we have been doing daily this month. There are 33 invocations to the Heart of Jesus, one for each year of his life. I've paid particular attention to the use of the adjective, all. All hearts, not some hearts; salvation to all who trust in you, not just a select few; generous to all who turn to you. O, Heart of Jesus, worthy of all praise. What is your favorite invocation? Invoke the Heart of Jesus today, the King and Center of All Hearts!

This day is one of comfort. Reflect on the Heart of Jesus and the love, compassion, and mercy that awaits us, if we but only open and soften our often too hard and stubborn hearts to receive it. Please Heart of Jesus, Source of all Consolation, heal us as we sing with the psalmist: I bless God who teaches me, who schools my heart even at night. I am sure God is here, right beside me. I cannot be shaken. So my heart rejoices, my body thrills with life, my whole being rests secure (Ps 16:7-8).

Jesus to me is honey in the mouth, music in the ear, a song in the heart.
(Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, On the Song of Songs, 15,6)

SAINT GERTRUDE THE GREAT OF HELFTA,
SAINT MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE,
SAINT JOHN EUDES,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Magnificent flower art in the main aisle of Holy Rosary Catholic Church, the 111 year-old Italian parish in downtown Indianapolis, IN. Art by Lumen Christi Catholic School art teacher CR. Photo courtesy of my brother, TBF.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment