Saturday, June 6, 2020

Saturday of the Ninth Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Norbert, bishop (1080-1134)
Blessed Virgin Mary
First Saturday of the Month

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 7:55
Mass: 2 Tm 4:1-8; Resp Ps 71; Mk 12:38-44


Cast me not in my old age; as my strength fails, forsake me not.

MARY, HUMBLE OF HEART,
PRAY FOR US.

Welcome to the First Saturday of the Month.

Deliver us from evil, heavenly Father, now and at the hour of our death. As for now, may we, like the poor widow, give all we have, our whole livelihood, to the Lord (Mk 12:44). And at the hour of our death, may we say, "I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith" (2 Tm 4:7). The crown of righteousness awaits all who have longed for the Lord's appearance (2 Tm 4:8). 

SAINT NORBERT, 
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: This is the same flowering cactus included with the reflections of the last two days. One might say the flower accomplished its mission. Or as a friend commented: "It's done. Until next time." Indeed, it competed well.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment