Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday of the Fifth Week of Easter

Holy Abbots of Cluny
The Carthusian Martyrs (16th century)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 2:1-10 Qualities of the Abbot or Abbess
Mass: Acts 6:1-7; Resp Ps 33; 1 Pt 2:4-9; Jn 14:1-12

May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

MARY, VIRGIN MOST POWERFUL,
PRAY FOR US.

Musings are brief on this rainy (thanks be to God) Monday. Jesus tells us that whoever loves Him will keep his word (Jn 14:23). As you reflect on His Word today, call on the Holy Spirit for guidance. Or in the words of Jesus: I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name-he will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you (Jn 14:26).

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. 
Not as the world gives do I give it to you, says the Lord, alleluia.
(Communion Antiphon, Mass)

We pray with the Holy Father:

In these days many people have lost their jobs, many have not been re-employed, or are working 'under the table'." We pray for these brothers and sisters who are suffering because of lack of work.

HOLY ABBOTS OF CLUNY
THE CARTHUSIAN MARTYRS,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment