Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday within the Octave of Easter

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 61:1-5 The Reception of Visiting Monks
Mass: Acts 3:1-10; Resp Ps 105; Lk 24:13-35



O Lord, our God, how glorious is your name over all the earth!

HEART OF JESUS, OUR LIFE AND OUR RESURRECTION,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

There is a lot about the sense of sight in today's readings. As you read and reflect, pay attention to who looks at who, who recognizes and does not, who looks downcast, and whose eyes were opened and at what moment. With all the focus on the gift of sight, I ask myself whether or not I see or recognize the risen Christ present in my midst and especially in those whose company I find myself. It may be something to ponder, each of us, in the particular setting we find ourselves. Do I see Jesus in the next person in line at the supermarket, the one standing 6 feet away; do I see Jesus in the weary cashier; do I see Jesus in yet another customer who can't manage to follow the directional signs in the aisle; do I see Jesus in my little brother who keeps asking me to play a game with him; do I recognize Jesus in my lonely neighbor who keeps calling me on the phone; do I see Jesus in the one sitting across from me at supper; … ?

WHEN ALL THE  PEOPLE SAW HIM WALKING AND PRAISING GOD, THEY RECOGNIZED HIM AS THE ONE WHO USED TO SIT BEGGING AT THE BEAUTIFUL GATE OF THE TEMPLE, AND THEY WERE FILLED WITH AMAZEMENT AND ASTONISHMENT AT WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO HIM.
(Acts 3:9-10)

THEIR EYES WERE OPENED AND THEY RECOGNIZED JESUS.
(24:31)

We pray with the Holy Father:

For the elderly, especially those who are isolated or are in nursing homes. Many of them are afraid of dying alone. They are our roots, our story, our history. We pray that the Lord might be close to them in this moment.

Today's photo: Another Easter shot, this time alongside Briceland Thorn Road.
 

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment