Sunday, April 26, 2020

Third Sunday of Easter

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 68 The Assignment of Impossible Tasks
Mass: Acts 2:14, 22-33; Resp Ps 16; 1 Pt 1:17-21; Lk 24:13-


Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; I say to the Lord, "My Lord are you."


LORD JESUS, OPEN THE SCRIPTURES TO US; MAKE OUR HEARTS BURN WHILE YOU SPEAK TO US.
ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA.

Buona domenica!

As you read and reflect on the journey to Emmaus and the disciples' encounter with the Risen Lord in today's Gospel account, never forget this, from Pope Francis in The Joy of the Gospel: "Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you" (164), even when your eyes are prevented from recognizing him (Lk 24:16) or when you may be assigned a burdensome task or something you cannot do (RB 68:1). May we be full of the joy of the Gospel and sing with the psalmist: "I set the Lord ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed" (Ps 16:8).

We pray with the Holy Father:

We pray for all those who are suffering from sadness, because they are alone or because they do not know what to expect in the future. For those who are suffering financially and may be without work.

Today's photo: More beauty from our garden.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment