Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Tuesday of Holy Week

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 55:1-14 Clothing and Footwear
Mass: Is 49:1-6; Resp Ps 71; Jn 13:21-33, 36-38


I will sing of your salvation.

AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

Today Jesus announces Judas's betrayal (Jn 13:26) and predicts Peter's denial (Jn 13:38). Jesus is deeply troubled (Jn 13:21). Jesus walks ahead of us and with us. Whatever we experience, He has experienced. When we find ourselves deeply troubled, we pray with the psalmist: "For you are my hope, O Lord; my trust, O God, from my youth. On you I depend from birth; from my mother's womb you are my strength; my hope in you never wavers" (Ps 71:5-6). May we not be among those who betray or deny others.

For those who have turned against relatives, friends, or neighbors in ways that have caused bewilderment and pain:
-that they may turn again toward those they have hurt.
(Magnificat, Intercessions, April 7, 2020)

We pray with the Holy Father:

I would like to pray today for all those persons who suffer an unjust sentence because of persecution.

Today's photo: Second Butte, Mount Angel Abbey, Oregon. Courtesy of JD.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment