Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Wednesday of the Third Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 7:24-30
Mass: 2 Sm 7:4-17; Resp Ps 89; Mk 4:1-20


I will establish his dynasty forever, his throne as the days of the heavens.

LOOK TOWARD GOD AND BE RADIANT; LET YOUR FACES NOT BE ABASHED.
(Communion Antiphon, Mass)

I was going to reach far. On second thought, it is better to stick with the present. I look to the Gospel (Mk 4:1-20) and ask myself what kind of soil is being cultivated in my heart today. Is the ground shallow to make it easier for Satan to take away the word that has been sown? Or is it rocky? I hear you, Lord, I'm ready to follow your command. Wait, you don't mean that, do you? It sounds a bit too difficult. Or am I about thorny soil, too often thinking about where the grass might be greener. I prefer the rich soil. That said, I pray, dear Lord, for the grace to hear the word and accept it. Living and true God, help us all to bear fruit thirty and sixty and a hundredfold.

With today's General Audience, Pope Francis began a new series of catechesis dedicated to the Beatitudes (Mt 5:1-11). It is worth following his weekly teaching. He ended too with a prayer. Please keep all religious in your prayers. Thank you.

Let us pray for the religious who dedicate themselves to God and to their brothers and sisters in daily service, according to their charism, so that they may always be faithful witnesses of Christ's saving love. Let us also pray for new vocations to the consecrated life.
(Pope Francis, General Audience, January 29, 2020)

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment