Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thursday of the First Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 3:1-6 Summoning the Community for Counsel
Mass: 1 Sm 4:1-11; Resp Ps 44; Mk 1:40-45



Redeem us, Lord, because of your mercy.

I DO WILL IT. BE MADE CLEAN.
(Mk 1:41)

See today's photo for the big news round here. We sing with the psalmist: Ice and snow, bless the Lord, praise and exalt him above all forever (Dn 3:70). Let us go forth then, with some words from the Holy Father:

"Lord, if you will, you can heal me; if you will you can forgive me; if you will, you can help me … Lord, I am a sinner, have mercy on me." A simple prayer that can be said many times a day. "Lord, I am a sinner, have mercy on me." Many times a day, inwardly, from the heart, without saying it out loud: "Lord, if you will, you can; if you will, you can. Have compassion on me." Repeat this.
(Pope Francis, homily January 16, 2020)

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment