Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thursday of the Third Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 7:31-33
Mass: 2 Sm 7:18-18, 24-29; Resp Ps 132; Mk 4:21-25


A lamp to my feet is your word, a light to my path.

With today's Gospel, the image I can't seem to get out of my head is when I put my flashlight in my pocket forgetting to turn it off first. It's such a funny thing to do. Relating it to Jesus' question to the disciples (Mk 4:21), a question becomes, "Is a flashlight to be turned on and put in your pocket, and not to illuminate your way?" Anyone with ears ought to hear (Mk 4:23), says the Lord. May we listen to the voice of the Lord this day. The living and true God has given us many lights to illuminate our way to Him. May we, with open ears and open heart, follow the true Light, Jesus Christ, with eagerness and joy. 



The second step of humility is that a person loves not his own will nor takes pleasure in the satisfaction of his desires; rather he shall imitate by his actions that saying of the Lord: I have come not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me (Jn 6:38).
(RB 7:31-32)

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment