Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Wednesday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time

Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity: "They showed us unusual kindness"

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 5: 1-13 Obedience
Mass: 1 Sm 17:32-33, 37, 40-51; Resp Ps 144; Mk 3:1-6


Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!

FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR NAME, O LORD, GIVE ME LIFE.
(Entrance Antiphon, Mass)

Jesus is speaking to you and to me: "Come up here before us" (Mk 3:3). We go forth, comforted, knowing that Jesus will heal our withered hands and soften our hardened hearts.

This is God's Prayer
That you have my grace,
that you desire my grace,
that you at least desire to desire my grace,
given freely and abundantly;
that this will be your desire,
so I might be born in you,
amen.
(Meister Eckhart)


Today's photo: The beauty of Shelter Cove, CA.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment