Monday, February 3, 2020

Monday of the Fourth Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Ansgar (Oscar), bishop (-865); Saint Blaise, martyr (early 4th century)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 7:49-54
Mass: 2 Sm 15:13-14, 30; 16:5-13; Resp Ps 3; Mk 5:1-20


Lord, rise up and save me.

The Holy Father tweeted this today: "Loneliness is not overcome by closing in ourselves, but by crying out to the Lord, for the Lord hears the cry of those who find themselves alone." Indeed, even Legion, when he caught sight of the Lord from a distance, ran up, prostrated himself before Jesus, and cried out" (Mk 5:6-7). Be not afraid. Call out to the Lord who made heaven and earth.

But you, O Lord, are my shield;
my glory you lift up my head!
When I call out to the Lord,
he answers from his holy mountain.
When I lie down in sleep,
I wake again, for the Lord sustains me.
(Ps 3:4-6)

Then the man went off and began to proclaim in the Decapolis what Jesus had done for him; and all were amazed.
(Mk 5:20)

SAINT ANSGAR, SAINT BLAISE,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment