Saturday, September 8, 2018

Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 1:1-5 The Kinds of Monks
Mass: Mi 5:1-4a or Rm 8:28-30; Resp Ps 13; Mt 1:1-16, 18-23


The Maria Bambina

Today we remember the birthday of Mary, the Mother of God. So, 'let us celebrate with joy the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, for her arose the sun of justice, Christ our God'! (Entrance Antiphon, Mass). At the same time, may we hold in our hearts the words of St Paul: 'We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose' (Rm 8:28). Mary, Seat of Wisdom, pray for us.


A Prayer to the Infant Mary

Sweet Child Mary, destined to be the Mother of God and our sovereign and loving Mother, by the prodigies of grace you lavish upon us, mercifully listen to my humble supplications. In the needs which press upon me from every side and especially in my present tribulation, I place all my trust in you.

O Holy Child, by the privileges granted to you alone and by the merits which you have acquired, be merciful to me this day. Show that the source of spiritual favors and the continuous benefits which you dispense are inexhaustible, because your power with the Heart of God is unlimited. Deign through the immense profusion of graces with which the Most High has enriched you from the first moment of your Immaculate Conception, grant me, O Celestial Child, my petition, and I shall eternally praise the goodness of your Heart. Amen.


Maria Bambina
Original Work with the Sisters of Charity, Milan, Italy

MAY THE VIRGIN MARY HELP US ABANDON OURSELVES WITH JOY TO GOD'S PLAN FOR OUR LIVES.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, September 8, 2018)



No comments:

Post a Comment