Thursday, March 7, 2019

Thursday after Ash Wednesday

Saints Perpetua and Felicity (early Christian martyrs)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 30 The Correction of Young Children
Mass: Dt 30:15-20; Resp Ps 1; Lk 9:22-25

Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

In today's first reading Moses presents the people with a choice. Will it be life and prosperity or death and doom? Experience tells me that it takes a lot less energy to choose the former over the latter. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live, by loving the Lord, your God, heeding His voice, and holding fast to Him. For that will mean life for you. Choosing life, though, does not come without struggles and trials. Jesus says in today's Gospel: 'If anyone wishes to come after me, she must deny herself and take up her cross daily and follow me.' The reward? Whoever loses her life for the Lord's sake will save it.

Don't be afraid of trials. Throw yourself full force into the loving arms of Jesus and with Him you'll be able to take giant steps along the way of perfection.
(Blessed Clelia Merloni)


SAINTS PERPETUA AND FELICITY, PRAY FOR US.

NB. Today's photo is a gift I found on my computer last night. I took it around 2008 from my window at Kloster Maria Rickenbach, Switzerland, home of the Benedictine sisters there. Not a bad view at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment