Monday, March 25, 2019

Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 45 Mistakes in the Oratory
Mass: Is 7:10-14; 8:10; Resp Ps 40; Heb 10:4-10; Lk 1:26-38


The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.


How happy is she
who is both mother and spouse of God
the gate of heaven
the loveliness of paradise
lady of angels
queen of the universe
joy of the saints
advocate of believers
courage of those who fight
recaller of those who wander
medicine of the penitent.

O sure salvation!
Short path of life!
Sole hope of pardon
sweetness unique.

You, my Lady,
are my all.

In your hands
has been stored for me
the fulness of all good.

With you
have been hidden the unfailing treasures
of truth and grace
of peace and pity
of salvation and wisdom
of glory and honor.

You are my anchor amid the billows
my port in shipwreck
my support in tribulation
my comfort in grief.

For those who are yours
you are
aid in oppression
help in time of crisis
temperance in prosperity
joy in time of waiting
refreshment in toil.

Whatsoever I can stammer
in your praise
is less
than your praise
for you are worthy of all praise.
(Adam of Perseigne, c.1145-1221, Letter III, 25)

May the Blessed Virgin Mary help everyone, especially young people, to follow the path of peace and fraternity, based on welcome and forgiveness, on respect for others, and on the love that is the gift of self.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, March 225, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment