Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thursday of the Fifteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 37 The Elderly and Children
Mass: Is 26:7-9, 12, 16-19; Resp Ps 102; Mt 11:28-30


From heaven the Lord looks down on the earth.

HEART OF JESUS, SOURCE OF ALL CONSOLATION,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

As I hear from more and more people who struggle in this tumultuous time, Jesus' words from today's Gospel seem most fitting: Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Mt 11:28-30). Take all your cares, worries, and needs to the Lord. And your joys too. Jesus loves you.

We pray for all Carmelites who take Our Lady of Mount Carmel as their patroness, and also for the people of Chile who entrust themselves to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Mother and Queen of Chile.

OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Marvel at this shot, from the lens of MG.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment