Sunday, July 5, 2020

Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

In other years: Saint Antony Mary Zaccaria (1502-1539)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 28 Those Who Refuse to Amend After Frequent Rebukes
Mass: Zech 9:9-10; Resp Ps 145; Rm 8:9, 11-13; Mt 11:25-30


He shall proclaim peace to the nations.

Jesus reassures us: Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy and my burden light (Mt 11:28-30).

We pray for the grace this week to turn to Jesus in moments of weakness, discouragement, frustration, or defeat. Cry out to God!

And since it is the Lord's Day, here is a poem I have wanted to pass along. It is This Gentler Way, by Bonnie B. Thurston.

I am enamored
of early morning's 
slow dawning which
reveals things obscured
by day's full brightness.
The gradual appearance
of shadowy things
about self and others,
which in harsher light
might involve judgment,
illumined this gentler way
evokes understanding,
mercy's back door that 
might open into love.


SAINT ANTONY MARY ZACCARIA,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Our 4th of July ice cream cake. Lekker.

© Gertrude Feick 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment