Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday of the Fifteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 38 The Reader for the Week 
Mass: Is 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8; Resp Ps (Is 38); Mt 12:1-8

Those live whom the Lord protects; yours is the life of my spirit.

I DESIRE MERCY, NOT SACRIFICE.
(Mt 12:7)

There is a poem I came across recently that I have wanted to pass on. Considering today's Gospel, today is the day.

This Gentler Way
by Bonnie Thurston

I am enamored
of early morning's 
slow dawning which
reveals things obscured
by day's full brightness.
The gradual appearance 
of shadowy things
about self and others,
which in harsher light
might involve judgment,
illumined this gentler way
evokes understanding,
mercy's back door that
might open to love.

Today's photo: Garden beauty captured by MG.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment