Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tuesday of the Second Week of Easter

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Blessed Robert Anderton (1560-1586) and William Marsden (-1586)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 68 Assignment of Impossible Tasks

Mass: Acts 4:32-37; Resp Ps 93; Jn 3:7b-15

Alleluia.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

The Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life.
(Gospel verse, Mass)

With a look back to the early Church, we learn that "the community of believers was of one heart and mind" (Acts 4:32). This is certainly a message for us today. May we be so inspired. I pray ... that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they may also be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. And I have given them the glory you gave me so that they may be one, I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to the perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me (Jn 17:20-23).

On a random look at The Sayings of the Desert Fathers, I found this:

Abba Paul said: "Keep close to Jesus."

BLESSED ROBERT ANDERTON AND WILLIAM MARSDEN,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: You saw this tree last week. I find it so beautiful that I took another photo; this one not through the hole in the chicken wire though.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment