Monday, April 18, 2022

Monday within the Octave of Easter

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

In other years: Saint Laserian or Molaise (-639); Blessed Marie-Anne Blondin (1809-1890); Blessed Mary of the Incarnation (16th-17th century)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 63:1-9 Community Rank

Mass: Acts 2:14, 22-33; Resp Ps 16; Mt 28:8-15

Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

Welcome to Easter Monday. The Lord has risen from the dead, so He said; let us all exult and rejoice, for He reigns for all eternity, alleluia (Entrance Antiphon, Mass). Mary Magdalene and the other Mary bump into Jesus in today's Gospel. We will bump into Him too. Be ready. Hold onto Jesus and worship Him. Do not tarry though. There is work to do. Do not be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me (Mt 28:10). 

I am the Christ ...
Come, then, all you nations of people, receive forgiveness for the sins that defile you. I am your forgiveness. I am the Passover that brings salvation. I am the lamb who was immolated for you. I am your ransom, your life, your resurrection, your light, I am your salvation and your king. I will bring you to the heights of heaven. With my own right hand I will raise you up, and I will show you the eternal Father.
(From an Easter homily by Melito of Sardis, in Office of Readings, Monday within the Octave of Easter)

SAINT LASERIAN OR MOLAISE,
BLESSED MARIE-ANNE BLONDIN,
BLESSED MARY OF THE INCARNATION,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Frohe Ostern from Moni in Freiburg, Germany. Hallelujah!

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment