Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thursday within the Octave of Easter

 Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

In other years: Saint Anselm, Monk, Abbot, Archbishop (1033-1109); Saint Maelrubha (642-722)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 64:7-22 The Election of an Abbot 

Mass: Acts 3:11-26; Resp Ps 8; Lk 24:35-48

O Lord, our God, how wonderful your name in all the earth!

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

JESUS, GOD PEACE,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Peace be with you.
(Lk 24:36)

Do not be troubled. Look at Jesus' hands and feet; reach out, touch and see Him. Jesus stands in our midst: Peace be with you, says the Lord. United in faith, we pray in the words of Saint Anselm of Canterbury:

O God, let me know you and love you so that I may find joy in you; and if I cannot do so fully in this life, let me at least make some progress every day, until at last that knowledge, love and joy come to me in all their plentitude. While I am here on earth let me learn to know you better, so that in heaven I may know you fully; let my love for you grow deeper here, so that there I may love you fully. On earth then I shall have great joy in hope, and in heaven complete joy in the fulfillment of my hope.
(Saint Anselm, Prologian or Discourse on the Existence of God, Chapter XXVI)

SAINT ANSELM,
SAINT MAELRUBHA,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: And this one I took through a hole in the chicken wire that protects the precious tree from critters that find it tasty. 

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment