Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wednesday of Holy Week

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 49 The Observance of Lent

Mass: Is 50:4-9a; Resp Ps 69; Mt 26:14-25

Lord, in your great love, answer me.

HEART OF JESUS, BRUISED FOR OUR OFFENSES,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

From the mouth of the Prophet Isaiah we hear this: I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; My face I did not shield from buffets or spitting (Is 50:5-6). Should we not follow suit? After all, Saint Benedict encourages us with these Tools for Good Works: Do not repay one bad turn for another. Do not injure anyone, but bear injuries patiently. Love your enemies. If people curse you, do not curse them back but bless them instead. Endure persecution for the sake of justice (RB 429-33). Ah, "the Lord God is my help, therefore I am not disgraced. I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame" (Is 50:7). Lord, have mercy.

The Cross of Christ is like a beacon that indicates the port to ships that are still afloat on stormy seas. It is the sign of hope that does not let us down, and it tells us that not even one tear, not one cry in lost is God's plan of salvation.
(Pope Francis, General Audience, March 31, 2021)

JOSEPH, MOST STRONG,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: A robin on a cairn. Thanks MG.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment