Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thursday of the Third Week of Lent

Year of Saint Joseph

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 33 Monks and Private Ownership

Mass: Jer 7:23-38; Resp Ps 95; Lk 11:14-23

Let us kneel before the God who made us.

HEART OF JESUS, ENRICHING ALL WHO INVOKE THEE,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Thus says the Lord through the Prophet Jeremiah: Listen to my voice (Jer 7:23). Listen today and harden not your heart (Ps 95:8), for unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it (Ps 127:1). 

EVEN NOW SAYS THE LORD, RETURN TO ME WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART, FOR I AM GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL.
(Verse before the Gospel, Mass)

All of us have spiritual infirmities that we cannot heal on our own. We need Jesus' healing, we need to present our wounds to Him and say: "Jesus, I am in your presence, with my sin, with my sorrows. You can set me free. Heal my heart.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, March 11, 2021)

SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: From a walk in the neighborhood, Carmichael, CA. 

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment