Saturday, March 20, 2021

Saturday of the Fourth Week of Lent

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 41 The Times for Meals

Mass: Jer 11:18-20; Resp Ps 7; Jn 7:40-53 

O Lord, my God, in you I take refuge.

MOTHER OF CHRIST,
PRAY FOR US.

In today's Gospel, there is tension and discussion, "a division occurred in the crowd because of Jesus" (Jn 7:43). There remains tension and discussion, and not a little division, over Jesus. A couple things that Jesus said come to mind: I am the way and the truth and the life (Jn 14:6) and If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me (Lk 9:23).

Remember us, Saint Joseph, and plead for us to your foster-child. Ask your most holy bride, the Virgin Mary, to look kindly upon us, since she is the mother of Him who with the Father and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns eternally. Amen.
(From a sermon of Saint Bernardine of Siena, priest, Office of Readings, March 19) 

SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: These sweet little ones caught my eye.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment