Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Tuesday of the Twenty-Eighth Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Edward the Confessor (1003-1066)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 10 The Arrangement of the Night Office in Summer

Mass: Gal 5:1-6; Resp Ps 119; Lk 11:37-41

Let your mercy come to me, O Lord.

FAITH WORKING THROUGH LOVE.
(Gal 5:6)

At Vigils this morning, Psalm 62 was proclaimed. I heard these comforting and encouraging verses: My soul, be at rest in God alone, from whom comes my hope. God alone is my rock and my salvation, my secure height; I shall not fall. My safety and glory are with God, my strong rock and refuge. Trust God at all times, my people! Pour out your hearts to God our refuge! (Ps 62:8-9). If I believe this, it seems, by the grace of God, that I will keep on with the challenging call to cleanse the inside of my cup so that everything will be clean (Lk 11:41). I believe, help my unbelief. May we seek the things that are above (Col 3:1).

Deliver me, O Lord, from myself, that is, give me grace to amend and reform myself in order that I may no longer be that earthly, worldly, and proud creature which I have been hitherto, dominated by passion, but that I may be renewed, and may conform to the spirit of my humble Lord and Master Jesus Christ.
(Fr Cajetan Mary da Bergamo, in Magnificat, "Meditation of the Day", October 13, 2020)

SAINT EDWARD THE CONFESSOR,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment