Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tuesday of the Thirtieth Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 20 Reverence in Prayer

Mass: Eph 5:21-33; Resp Ps 128; Lk 13:18-21

Blessed are those who fear the Lord, who walk in His ways!

HEART OF JESUS, FOUNTAIN OF LIFE AND HOLINESS,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

This morning at Lauds, Psalm 31 was proclaimed. It may be a good one to spend some time with today. It is one way to nurture and tend to the mustard seed planted in our hearts. Yes, the Kingdom of God. It is like a mustard seed that man took and planted in the garden (Lk 13:18-19) May it grow and grow and grow to become a large bush so the birds of the sky may dwell in its branches. I believe, help my unbelief.

So let every good person pray to you
in the time of need.
The floods of water may reach high
but him they shall not reach.
You are my hiding place, O Lord;
you save me from distress.
I will instruct you and teach you
the way you should go;
I will give you counsel
with my eye upon you ...
Many sorrows has the wicked
but he who trusts in the Lord,
loving mercy surrounds him.
Rejoice, rejoice in the Lord,
exult, you just!
O come, ring out your joy,
all you upright of heart.
(Ps 31:6-8, 10-11)

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment