Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Tuesday of the Twenty-Fifth Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 5:1-13 Obedience

Mass: Prov 21:1-6, 10-13; Resp Ps 119; Lk 8:19-21

Lead me, Lord, along the path of your commands, for in it I take delight.

JESUS, TREASURE OF THE FAITHFUL,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

We hear this in the passage from the Book of Proverbs: "It is the Lord who proves hearts" (Pr 21:2). So how is your heart today? Is it open and ready to receive the Word of God? Jesus tells us: My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it (Lk 8:21). We are united, then, in faith and with all those who hear the word of God and act on it. This is so important now, at a time when so many are suffering. What is Jesus asking of you this day? Give me discernment, Lord, that I may observe your law and keep it with all my heart (Ps 119). 

MARY, HELP OF CHRISTIANS,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment