Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday of the Twenty-Third Week in Ordinary Time

The Most Holy Name of Mary

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 2:16-22
Mass: 1 Cor 10:14-22; Resp Ps 116; Lk 6:43-49
For the memorial: Gal 4:4-7 or Eph 1:3-6; Resp Ps (Lk 1); Lk 1:39-47


The Almighty works marvels for me. Holy is His Name!

OF ALL WOMEN YOU ARE MOST BLESSED, 
AND BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR WOMB.
(Lk 1:42)

There are many readings to reflect upon today. I look to Saint Paul and his question: "Are we stronger than the Lord?" (1 Cor 10:14-22). Sometimes we may think we are. These are times to remember something Paul wrote earlier in the same epistle: "For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength" (1 Cor 1:25). And these words from the Lord: My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor 12:9). So with Paul, "I will rather boast most gladly in my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses ... for the sake of Christ: for when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor 12:9-10). Holy Mary, pray for us.

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, my spirit rejoices in God my savior. 
(Lk 1:46-47)

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment