Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Wednesday of the Twelfth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

10th World Meeting of Families through June 26, 2022 "Family Love: A Vocation and Path to Holiness"

Saints: Saints John Fisher (1469-1535), Bishop, and Thomas More (1477-1535), Martyrs; Saint Paulinus of Nola (355-431)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 18:1-6 The Order of the Psalmody

Mass: 2 Kgs 22:8-13; 23:1-3; Resp Ps 119; Mt 7:15-20

In Your justice, give me life.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

By their fruits you will know them.
(Mt 7:20)

Beware of false prophets (Mt 7:15), says the Lord. We pray, then, as Saint Benedict instructs us at the beginning of Chapter 18 of the Holy Rule, the way each of the day hours of the Divine Office begins: O God, come to my assistance; Lord, make haste to help me, followed by giving honor and reverence to the Holy Trinity, "Glory be to the Father ..." (RB 18:1). Heart of Jesus, enriching all who invoke Thee, have mercy on us.

Comfort in tribulation can be secured only on the sure ground of faith holding as true the words of Scripture and the teaching of the Catholic Church.
(Saint Thomas More)

I will not mistrust [God], though I shall feel myself weakening and on the verge of being overcome with fear ... I trust He shall place His holy hand on me and in the stormy seas hold me up from drowning.
(Saint Thomas More)

SAINTS JOHN FISHER AND THOMAS MORE,
SAINT PAULINUS OF NOLA,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: In it I delight.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment