Friday, June 24, 2022

The Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

10th World Meeting of Families through June 26, 2022 "Family Love: A Vocation and Path to Holiness"

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 18:12-19 The Order of the Psalmody

Mass: Ezk 34:11-16; Resp Ps 23; Rm 5:5b-11; Lk 15:3-7

He refreshes my soul.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

The love of God has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.
(Rm 5:5b)

It is a beautiful day, this Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. May Jesus say about us, what He said about Saint Gertrude the Great of Helfta (1256-1301/2): I live in the heart of Gertrude. Heart of Jesus, king and center of all hearts, have mercy on us.

Two [favors] which I mention in particular. They are the seal on my heart with those brilliant jewels which are Your salvific wounds, and the wound of love with which You manifestly and efficaciously transfixed by heart ...
In addition to these favors, You have granted me the priceless gift of Your familiar friendship, giving me in various ways, to my indescribable delight, the noblest treasure of Your divinity, Your divine heart, now as a sign of our mutual familiarity, exchanging it with mine.
(Saint Gertrude the Great, The Herald of Divine Love, Book II, Ch. 23)

I need nothing but God, and to lose myself in the heart of God.
(Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque)

A Christian has a union with Jesus Christ more noble, more intimate and more perfect than the members of a human body have with their head.
He longs to be in you, He wants His breath to be your breath, His heart in your heart, and His soul in your soul.
(Saint John Eudes)

SAINT GERTRUDE THE GREAT OF HELFTA,
SAINT MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE,
SAINT JOHN EUDES,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: He gives me repose.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment