Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Wednesday of the Twenty-Eighth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Saint Edward the Confessor (1003-1066)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 10 The Arrangement of the Night Office in Summer

Mass: Rm 2:1-11; Resp Ps 62; Lk 11:42-46

God is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold.

IF YOU, O LORD, SHOULD MARK INIQUITIES, LORD, WHO COULD STAND? BUT WITH YOU IS FOUND FORGIVENESS, O GOD OF ISRAEL.
(Entrance Antiphon, Mass)

One thought that occurred to me today came from the Entrance Antiphon from Mass included above. I certainly know that if the Lord marked my iniquities, I could not stand. Thankfully, with the Lord I find forgiveness, love, and mercy. Another thought came to me from our first reading at Mass. There, Saint Paul warns us about judging one another. Beware. There are no excuses for judging another for when we point that one finger at another person, three fingers are pointing at us. You are without excuse, every one of you who passes judgment. For by the standard by which you judge another you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the very same things (Rm 2:1). I am reminded of the Family Circus cartoon strip, always a favorite. I think of the scenes when either Mom or Dad asks the children who did something. I just looked up some of the scenes and several appeared. Take a look. In one of them, the whole family is at dinner and Dad asks, "All right -- who is kicking the table?" The answers include, "Not me!", "Ida know!", "Nobody!", and even the baby thinks aloud, "Not me!" At the same time the dog sits quietly under the table and the little "Nobody", "Not me", and "Ida know" goblins are busy kicking the table legs. 😊

SAINT EDWARD THE CONFESSOR,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Zion National Park again. Awesome cloud formation. Where do those stairs lead ... 

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment