Thursday, October 14, 2021

Thursday of the Twenty-Eighth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Pope Saint Callistus I (-222)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 11 The Celebration of Vigils on Sunday

Mass: Rm 3:21-30; Resp Ps 130; Lk 11:47-54

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice!

WHAT OCCASION IS THERE THEN FOR BOASTING?
(Rm 3:27)

HE WHO BOASTS SHOULD BOAST IN THE LORD.
(2 Cor 10:17)

With the Gospel accounts this week, and today with folks acting with hostility toward Jesus, interrogating Him and plotting to catch Him (Lk 11:54), how about we turn to an instruction by Saint Columban, abbot, from Tuesday's Office of Readings:

How I wish He would awaken me, His humble servant, from the sleep of slothfulness, even though I am of little worth. How I wish He would enkindle me with that fire of divine love. The flames of His love burn beyond the stars; the longing for His overwhelming delights and the divine fire ever burn within me!
How I wish I might deserve to have my lantern always burning at night in the temple of my Lord, to give light to all who enter the house of my God. Give me, I pray you, Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ, your Son and my God, that love that does not fail so that my lantern, burning within me and giving light to others, may be always lighted and never extinguished. 

POPE SAINT CALLISTUS I,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Welcome to Bryce Canyon, Utah.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment