Friday, June 28, 2019

The Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 21 The Deans of the Monastery
Mass: Ezk 34:11-16; Resp Ps 23; Rm 5:5b-11; Lk 15:3-7


The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. 
He guides me in right paths for his name's sake.


HEART OF JESUS, KING AND CENTER OF ALL HEARTS, 
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Today's offering is our reading at Vigils, from Karl Rahner's Encounters with Silence.

Jesus has really told me that He loves me, and His word has come from the depths of His human heart. And His heart is Your heart, O God of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Thus, if this human heart of Your Son is unspeakably richer and greater than my heart, it is so only in that love and that goodness which can never be anything else but love and goodness. It can never conceal within itself the awe-fullness of Your Infinity, which is always all else as well.


Grant, O Infinite God, that I may ever cling fast to Jesus Christ, my Lord. Let His heart reveal to me how You are disposed toward me. I shall look upon His heart when I desire to know who You are. The eye of my mind is blinded whenever it looks only at Your Infinity, in which You are totally present in each and every aspect at once. Then I am surrounded by the darkness of Your unboundedness, which is harsher than all my earthly nights. But instead I shall gaze upon His human heart, O God of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and then I shall be sure that You love me.


But I still have one more request. Make my heart like that of Your Son. Make it as great and rich in love as His, so that my brothers-or at least one of them, sometime in my life- can enter through this door and there learn that You love him. God of Our Lord Jesus Christ, let me find You in His heart.

ST GERTRUDE THE GREAT, ST MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE, ST JOHN EUDES, 
PRAY FOR US.

Today' photo: Forest Trail, east end of Mary's Peak, the highest peak in the coast range of Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment