Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Tuesday of the Second Week of Advent

Pope St Damasus I (304-384)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 58:1-16 The Procedure for Receiving New Members
Mass: Is 40:1-11; Resp Ps 96 (Is 40:10ab); Mt 18:12-14


In the desert prepare the way of the Lord!

Lost? Anxious? Tired? Lonely? Afraid? Grieving? 'Here is your God!' The Lord is looking for you to console you, embrace you with tenderness and compassion. He will gather you in His arms with care. If you let Him. All morning I've been singing the hymn 'Like a Shepherd'.

Like a shepherd he feeds his flock and gathers the lambs in his arms, holding them carefully close to his heart, leading them home.

I myself will shepherd them, for others have led them astray. The lost I will rescue and heal their wounds and pasture them, giving them rest.

Come unto me if you are heavily burdened, and take my yoke upon your shoulders. I will give you rest. 

MARANA THA! COME, LORD JESUS!

Comfort, comfort my people (Is 40:1). How does the Lord give comfort? With tenderness.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, December 11, 2018)

POPE ST DAMASUS I, PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment