Saturday, October 29, 2022

Saturday of the Thirtieth Week in Ordinary Time

Respect Life Month

Saturday Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Saints: The Blessed Martyrs of Douai College (18th-17th century); Saint Colman MacDuagh (-632); Blessed Maria Restituta Kafka (1894-1943)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 22 The Sleeping Arrangements of the Monks

Mass: Ph 1:18b-26; Resp Ps 42; Lk 14:1, 7-11

My soul is thirsting for the living God.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
MARY, QUEEN OF THE MOST HOLY ROSARY,
SAINT JOSEPH, DEFENDER OF LIFE,
SAINT MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL,
PRAY FOR US.

My eager expectation and hope is that I will not be put to shame in any way, but that with all boldness, now as always, Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or death.
For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.
(Ph 1:20-21)

Jesus' last words in today's Gospel are that "the one who humbles himself will be exalted" (Lk 14:11). His blessed Mother Mary, our Mother, can certainly teach us a thing or two about humility. My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior. For He has looked upon His handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on all ages will call me blessed (Lk 1:46-48). We ask the Blessed Virgin Mary, help of all Christians, to pray for us.

As my Sovereign and my Queen,
Preside over all my actions,
Direct all my enterprises,
Remedy all their defects.
(Barolomeo de Los Rios, 1580-1652)

When the world will end, then She will rest! But while the world is going on, She is so busy taking care of all of us!
(The Cure of Ars Saint John Baptist Marie Vianney, 1786-1859) 

THE BLESSED MARTYRS OF DOUAI COLLEGE,
BLESSED MARIA RESTITUTA KAFKA,
SAINT COLMAN MACDUAGH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Yesterday morning, while on the lookout for something for Our Lady, I found this. When shall I go and behold the face of God?

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment