Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wednesday of the Sixth Week of Easter

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Saint Bede the Venerable, Priest, Doctor (673-735); Pope Saint Gregory VII (1020-1085); Saint Mary Magdalen de Pazzi, Virgin (1566-1606)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 6 Restraint of Speech

Mass: Acts 17:15, 22-18:1; Resp Ps 148; Jn 16:12-15

Praise Him in the heights.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

The God who made the world and all that is in it, the Lord of heaven and earth ...
it is He who gives to everyone life and breath and everything.
(Acts 17:24)

Let us seek God, then, even grope for Him and find Him, though He is indeed not far from any of us (Acts 17:27). In Him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28). Pray. Holy Spirit, come. When He comes, the Spirit of truth, He will guide you to all truth (Jn 16:13)Amen.

I have resolved to keep watch over my ways that I may never sin with my tongue. I have put a guard on my mouth. I was silent and humbled, and I refrained even from good words ...
In a flood of words you will not avoid sin ... the tongue holds the key to life and death.
(Rule of Saint Benedict, 6:1,4-5)

SAINT BEDE THE VENERABLE,
POPE SAINT GREGORY VII,
SAINT MARY MAGDALENE DE PAZZI,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: There are plenty of views like this around here. This is an especially nice one. 😎 Heaven and earth are full of your glory.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment