Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Wednesday of the Third Week of Advent

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love" 

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 61:1-5 The Reception of Visiting Monks

Mass: Is 45:6c-8, 18, 21b-25; Resp Ps 85; all 7:18b-23 

Glory dwelling in our land.

HEART OF JESUS, FULL OF GOODNESS AND LOVE,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

When I typed the above invocation from the Litany of the Sacred Heart, I thought, thank you, Jesus, so full of goodness and love. Then I thought how many times during the day I need to remind myself how much God loves me. Jesus loves you too! Turn to Him and be saved, for, as He says, I am the Lord, there is no other; I form the light, and create the darkness, I make well-being and create woe; I, the Lord, do all these things (Is 45:6c-7), so turn to me and be safe, all you ends of the earth, for I am God; there is no other (Is 45:22).

We conclude with a prayer that concluded the Holy Father's Wednesday Audience. Pope Francis continues to teach us about Saint Joseph.

Saint Joseph, man of silence,
you who in the Gospel did not utter a single word, 
teach us to fast from vain words,
to rediscover the words that edify, encourage, console and support.
Be close to those who suffer from words that hurt,
like slander and backbiting,
and help us always to match words with deeds.
Amen. 

SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Another contribution from dear d, West Linn, OR.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment