Wednesday, December 22, 2021

December 22

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 65:1-10 The Prior of the Monastery

Mass: 1 Sm 1:24-28; Resp Ps (1 Sm 2); Lk 1:46-56

My heart exults in the Lord, my Savior.

O King of the nations and their Desire, the Cornerstone who binds two into one: come and save mankind, whom you fashioned from clay.

O King of the nations, you are our Desire. Made in Your image and likeness, we, all of us, saints and sinners alike, seek You. We continue to prepare the way for you, O Lord and make straight Your paths. Come and save us! Help us as we pray in the words of Saint Anselm of Canterbury (1033-1109): "Lord, teach me to seek you, and reveal Yourself to me as I seek, because I can neither seek You unless you tell me how, nor find You unless You reveal Yourself. Let me seek You in desiring You; let me desire You in seeking You; let me find You in loving You; let me love You in finding You (Prologion, 1). You Lord, the stone that the builders rejected, are our Cornerstone. This is Your doing and it is wonderful in our eyes (Mt 21:42/Ps 118:22). This is the day the Lord has made so let us rejoice in it and be glad (Ps 118:24), as we praise God with Hannah and Mary:

My heart exults in the Lord,
my horn is exalted in my God.
(1 Sm 2:1)

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
(Lk 1:46)

Today's photo: One last shot of Theo, a classic. My heart exults! 

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment