Saturday, December 4, 2021

Saturday of the First Week of Advent

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

First Saturday of the Month

Saint: Saint John Damascene, priest, Doctor (676-749)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 53:1-15 The Reception of Guests

Mass: Is 30:19-21; Resp Ps 147; Mt 9:35-10:1, 5a, 6-8

Great is our Lord and mighty in power.

HEART OF JESUS, SOURCE OF ALL CONSOLATION,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Welcome to the First Saturday of the Month. Mary, Mother of divine grace, pray for us.

If you hear a voice from behind today, a voice that sounds in your ears, This is the way; walk in it (Is 30:21), listen. Then pray with words from Saint John Damascene: "Lord, lighten the heavy burden of all my sins through which I have seriously transgressed. Purify my mind and heart. Like a shining lamp, lead me along the straight path. When I open my mouth, tell me what I should say. By the fiery tongue of your Spirit make my own tongue ready. Stay with me always and keep me in your sight: (From The Statement of Faith by Saint John Damascene, priest, in Office of Readings, December 4).

We continue to pray for Pope Francis, now in Greece on the second leg of his 35th foreign Apostolic Journey. For the health and well-being of the Holy Father we pray, Lord, hear our prayer. 

SAINT JOHN DAMASCENE,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Another look at the Oregon oak, seen before on November 3.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment