Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wednesday of the Thirty-Second Week in Ordinary

Saint Martin of Tours, Bishop (c316-397)

Other saints: Saint Mennas, Martyr (c. 300); Saint Theodore the Studite, Abbot (759-826); Saint Bartholomew of Grottaferrata, Abbot (c. 980-c. 1050); Bd Eugene Bossilkov, Bishop and Martyr (1900-52)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch RB 34 Distribution of Goods According to Need

Mass: Titus 3:1-7; Resp Ps 23; Lk 17:11-19

Only goodness and kindness will follow me all the days of my life.

JESUS, AUTHOR OF LIFE,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Today, and everyday in fact, is a day to join the one leper who "had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked Him (Lk 17:15-16). In all circumstances, give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. Alleluia. 

Messenger

Mary Oliver (1935-2019)

 

My work is loving the world.

Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird—

equal seekers of sweetness.

Here the quickening yeast; there the blue plums.

Here the clam deep in the speckled sand.

 

Are my boots old? Is my coat torn?

Am I no longer young, and still half-perfect? Let me

keep my mind on what matters,

which is my work,

 

which is mostly standing still and learning to be

astonished.

The phoebe, the delphinium.

The sheep in the pasture, and the pasture.

Which is mostly rejoicing, since all the ingredients are here,

 

which is gratitude, to be given a mind and a heart

and these body-clothes,

a mouth with which to give shouts of joy

to the moth and the wren, to the sleepy dug-up clam,

telling them all, over and over, how it is

that we live forever.


SAINT MARTIN OF TOURS,

PRAY FOR US.


© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment